My lovely ladies who do my programs, always ask me, "Are we able to have bread if it's homemade?" I tell them no (for a short answer). However, after countless women who look forward to Step 2 of the Paleo30, so they can have their bread, I've found a perfect homemade bread recipe that even I agree with! Let me share, so you can indulge while still remaining true to your new Paleo lifestyle!
Paleo Homemade Bread
2 cups almond flour
6 tbsp arrowroot starch
4 tbsp golden flax seed meal
2 tbsp tapioca starch
3/4 tsp fine salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp ghee or coconut oil (melted)
4 large eggs from local farmers market
1/2 c plain unsweetened almond milk
1 ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a 8 ½ by 4 ½ inch loaf pan with ghee or coconut oil
2. Whisk together the almond meal, arrowroot, flax seed, tapioca, salt, and baking soda in large bowl.
3. Whisk together the slightly cooled butter or oil, eggs, almond milk, and vinegar in a medium bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined, being careful not to over minx.
5. Immediately pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. About 40 – 45 minutes in a glass pan
6. Cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving, and store any leftovers wrapped in the fridge for up to 5 days.