WE DID IT!! I reached 500 amazing followers, and as I promised I will be giving you all 5 - 500 calorie snack recipes! Before I do, I want to send out a lovely thank you to all who have supported and enjoyed my Instagram journey, from traveling the country, to becoming pregnant! I am so thrilled for you new followers to join in on this exciting time in my life!
The first recipe is a delicious take on the traditional french fry. I want to introduce to you all,
1/4c Coconut flour
Dash Salt and pepper
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2c Olive oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
2. Mix the egg in a separate bowl. Then heat up the oil in a frying pan. Cut the avocado into slices and mix into the egg mix first, then the flour mixture.
3. Put in the heated oil and let cook for about 1-2 min. Flip the slice over to other side and let cook another 1-2 mins. Serve hot and maybe with some yummy hot sauce. We put ours on our turkey burger.
- 2 cups old-fashioned (or quick cooking) oats*
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup for vegan)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a large cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, salt and cinnamon. Set aside
- In a microwave safe dish or on the stovetop, melt the peanut butter and honey (or maple syrup) together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until granola is lightly browned, stirring the granola once gently half way through.
- Remove from oven and let sit until cooled.
- Once cooled, break apart and eat!