My uncle's favorite cookie was the snicker doodle, and now I've baked a healthier version that I don't have to feel guilty about eating 5...or 6 of them tonight!
Let me share with you all my newest recipe I've found, and LOVE! Zack even loves them!
- 1¾ cups (168g) blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup (32g) coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate small bowl, make your cinnamon sugar by stirring together the cinnamon and coconut sugar.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, measure out about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll each cookie dough ball into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly with your palm or the flat bottom of a glass. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.